What is the secret to effective sales management? If you ask experienced sales people about past sales managers you will hear plenty of horror stories of micro-managers, draconian forecast regimes and managers that did not know themselves how to sell (or manage in many cases!). But if you probe deeper and ask about who really helped when they were learning the sales craft, then stories emerge about those rare managers with the ability to teach and inspire. Herein lies the secret to sales management; real sales people that focus their sales skills on their team to teach, develop and inspire while also building trust upwards by managing the numbers in an effective manner. Truly these are rare individuals.
Growth in Focus offer experienced sales manages that can sell. We inspire your sales team and provide management support. Our Sales Managers can coach new sales managers in your organisation, fill in while a sales manager is away or provide part time sales management on an ongoing basis. When you use one of contract Sales Managers you get an experienced external view of your business and sales processes and a steady hand to guide and develop your team.
Our Sales Managers are responsible for working with your team to meet sales targets agreed between you and your sales team. They are expert at sales and set and implement strategies to assist each sales person to find and close opportunities.
Our Sales Managers can:
- coach your sales managers
- manage our Consultant/Contract Sales People assigned to you
- manage your sales teams on a full or part time basis
- work with your internal Human Resources teams to recruit sales people for you, to find the best candidates that will fit your company's culture and objectives
A remote coaching session between Sales Manager and Sale Person
In managing sales professionals/business development managers, our Sales Managers ensure they are achieving their goals by:
- certifying each sales professionaland BDM and conducting a training needs assessment
- providing ongoing training and coaching as required
- setting and tracking individual targets, territories and quotas
- mentoring, encouraging and supporting them in their day-to-day sales activities
Managing sales people requires different skills than managing other types of teams. Our Sales Managers are experts in this field. Your sales teams will be better organised and motivated to close more business.
Our customers benefit from engaging our experienced and skilled Sales Managers to direct their sales teams, using their specialist knowledge to motivate the sales team to “Close the deals you want".